Posted on December 30th, 2011
These are the products I tried in 2011 and did not like at all. I would never buy them again – I am sharing them here with you in case you were considering these products as well.
1. Neutrogena Wave (Original) - Either mine came broken or this product really does nothing but vibrate. Honestly the pad doesn’t even vibrate, just the part where you hold it so you do not even get some pulsing feeling to the face – though I don’t see how that would help with the cleaning. This product is basically like wiping your face with pad if you had a bad tremor in your hand (if you don’t this thing will surely give you one). The vibration was so bad on my hand, and the cleaning so minimal, I threw mine out for fear it would mess with my hand nerves or something. Horrible product – Avoid at all costs.
2. John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze ”Clear Shine” – I have put this stuff on so many time and left it on exactly as the directions said and nothing. I have tried leaving it on longer and applying heat and still no difference. I don’t hate it, but I would never pay for it again. I am using it until my supply runs out. To be honest, I am a little skeptical of the whole line – is it just me or does this stuff not really ease your frizz as much as everyone supposedly says?
3. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes - Three words for you: Really Bad Mascara. I was really annoyed at this one because the commercial has Gwen Stefani talking about her awesome lashes and how good they look. I originally said it was okay and worked fine if you applied it with care. Since then I have reconsidered, because 1. Mascara should not need this much effort to be just decent and 2. I swear it got worse after just a few applications. I hate it.
4. Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara - No sh*t they’re real – this mascara might just trump the above for the worst mascara purchase of my life. Ugh horrible, did nothing for my lashes and cost $22. I took this one right back to the beauty counter and returned it. I cannot say anything else, because honestly it was just really that bad.
5. Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover - This was on sale at my Rite Aid so I figured I would give it a try. I am always looking for good mascara remover and I prefer to use oil-free everything when it comes to my face. This sucks though. It is like saline solution – I get more off with some lotion and cotton ball.
6. Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads - Yes they are gentle. So gentle, you end up rubbing the heck out of your trying to get your mascara off. Kinda defeats the whole point of getting something gentle. Doesn’t work, hate it.